I set up a table at an artsy craftsy show and tried to sell a few things. Did it go well?
Um, well, depends on what you consider "well." I sold one item and made $22. But I learned heaps about artsy craftsy fairs. Herewith, my hardwon wisdom:
- Pick ones that aren't on a side street off a thoroughfare dotted with vacant storefronts.
- Make sure it's not the first artsy craftsy fair the gallery/venue has ever done
- Make sure they advertise lots and lots
- Try to ascertain in advance whether the biggest artsy craftsy show of the region is being held the same weekend in some really big venue far, far from where you're selling.
- Nothing ventured, nothing gained, eh?
More posts in coming days, I promise. Meanwhile, there's all kinds of new things at my Etsy store.
Some more pics:
My mom's old train case. She begged me to take it years ago and I finally dusted it off for this show. It got more comments than my jewelry! No, it ain't for sale. But it did teach me that an eye-catching display piece can draw a lot of people to you.