I've no idea if anyone reads or cares about my little blog. Ah well. I'll keep myself amused, then.
Here's the first close-up of my million-dollar mineral haul from my big trip to Tucson, where I dumped six months of savings in a day-and-a-half. Click to embiggen:
Bottom row is all fossils, including a dinosaur bone on the right. Cool, no?
Next up are the sets (click to embiggen):
I'm missing a row that showed some beautiful picture jaspers from Oregon, Montana and India. I'll have to dig those up (well, not literally) and post them. If you're interested in one-of-a-kind jewelry, those are the stones you need to see.
And, yes, once again I've forgotten to put a quarter or penny in the photo for scale. Ugh.
These are just a few gemstones to add to larger pieces for a splash of color.
- Gray dinosaur fossil with aquamarine (pendant)
- Blue opal and sapphires (pendant)
- Pink rhodocroisite with white pearls (earrings)
- Black & clear quartz with red dinosaur bone (pendant)
- Red & black agates with garnets and black pearls (earrings)
More to come.